Amy Winehouse

Hot trends from Google Plus Search

Amy Winehouse

Postby BlueWater on Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:54 pm

Hot Trends: Amy Winehouse

Winehouse was born in the Southgate area of North London to a Jewish family, with Russian ancestry on her mother's side, who influenced her interest in jazz. Winehouse was the daughter of Mitchell (Mitch) Winehouse, a taxi driver, and Janis Winehouse (née Seaton), a pharmacist.Her grandmother had once been engaged to Ronnie Scott.

Amy Jade Winehouse (14 September 1983 – 23 July 2011) was an English singer-songwriter known for her powerful deep contralto vocals and her eclectic mix of musical genres including R&B, soul and jazz. Winehouse's 2003 debut album, Frank, was critically successful in the UK and was nominated for the Mercury Prize.

On 14 February 2007, she won a BRIT Award for Best British Female Artist; she had also been nominated for Best British Album. She won the Ivor Novello Award three times, one in 2004 for Best Contemporary Song (musically and lyrically) for "Stronger Than Me",

Winehouse received her first guitar when she was 13, and began writing music a year later. She began working soon after, including as a showbiz journalist for the World Entertainment News Network, in addition to singing with local group the Bolsha Band

About amy winehouse's death

Winehouse was spotted with aspiring actor Josh Bowman on holiday in Saint Lucia in early January 2009, saying she was "in love again, and I don't need drugs." She commented that the "whole marriage was based on doing drugs" and that "for the time being I've just forgotten I'm even married.

Winehouse's battles with substance abuse were the subject of much media attention. In various interviews, she admitted to having problems with self-harm, depression and eating disorders. In 2005, she went through a period of drinking, heavy drug use, violent mood swings and weight loss,Her family believes that the mid-2006 death of her grandmother, who was a stabilising influence, set her off into addiction.

Amy winehouse's spokesman reported that the singer was in a physician-supervised programme and was channelling her difficulties by writing a lot of music. The British tabloid The Sun posted a video of a woman, alleged to be Winehouse, apparently smoking crack cocaine and speaking of having taken ecstasy and valium.
Attachments
amy  winehouse.jpg
amy winehouse.jpg (68.65 ) Viewed 3238 times
Last edited by BlueWater on Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:30 pm, edited 6 times in total.
BlueWater

Amy Winehouse died after detox seizure, dad says

Postby BlueWater on Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:58 pm

Source:http://content.usatoday.com/communities/entertainment/post/2011/09/amy-winehouse-died-after-detox-seizure-dad-sa]More details...

Trying to detox from alcohol, Amy Winehouse may have overdosed on a powerful anti-anxiety drug and suffered a seizure, says her father, Mitch Winehouse, adding fresh detail to the picture of the tragic end of a talented, short life.
Last edited by BlueWater on Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
BlueWater

Amy Winehouse: Tributes paid to dead singer

Postby BlueWater on Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:33 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14262237More details...

The BBC's David Sillito: "Her private life was something of a mess."
Continue reading the main story
Amy Winehouse death
BlueWater

Amy winehouse’s album

Postby BlueWater on Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:54 pm

Attachments
9wine.jpg
9wine.jpg (9.68 ) Viewed 3195 times
8winehouse.jpg
8winehouse.jpg (7.31 ) Viewed 3189 times
BlueWater

Re: Amy Winehouse

Postby haddinsteve on Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:56 pm

Amy Winehouse was english singer and songwriter. She won many awards. She is very talented singer. I like to listen her song and these are mine favorite her songs Like :: A song For You , Back To Black , Best Friend Right ? , Like Smoke , Love is a Losing Game.....
haddinsteve

Return to Google Plus Search