Chrome Freezes while rendering many sites

Have A Problem with Google Chrome? Post it here and hopefully someone can help!

Chrome Freezes while rendering many sites

Postby Richard Dinero on Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:55 pm

I have been having a problem with chrome for the past 6-8 months when rendering webpages; Not one in particular rather on many different sites. Chrome will begin to render the page and display some data but will not allow me to click in the page or scroll up or down. I would consider this a halfway render because the page is definitely incomplete and I cannot access it at all... and that is all until I perform my simple workaround... I know ALL the data is loaded on my PC (graphics, videos, ect) before I perform my workaround because what I do is - click on another tab and then back into the problematic window. All of the data appears instantly when I come back with no issue. This is a simple work around but it has become rather annoying after doing it for so long. Has anybody experienced this issue before and/or know of a fix?
Richard Dinero

Re: Chrome Freezes while rendering many sites

Postby lola on Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:16 pm

I have same problem for about several weeks now...it is very annoying, tabs freezes, move on next tab to make previous tab active.
I have tried several suggested permanent solutions in several blogs and chrome, have re-installed chrome browser; disabled 2 out of 3 flash in the plugin window, I alternated them also.
I tested all day today the IE browser to see if I have same problem with tabs, which I did not .
Please can anyone offer a solution, it is exactly same problem described above.
I have never encounter a problem like this before, have already spent many hours researching this issue.
I am not an IT so go very detail when offering a solution or asking further

Thanks,
Lolita
lola

seo software

Postby zaseaoiter on Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:15 am

SEO SOFTWARE - The most amazing seo software found if you do seo then you see the many choices of seo service providers and seo providers out their. If you have about much of services then you no lots of it doesnt work. Finally a group is getting it right. Not only can you drive your site to the front page with ths but you might startup your own seo service, and someone have. If your purchasing links it may be from someone who ons this. Here it is check it out. SEO software www.boisebikepolo.com/discussion/13/seo ... ervices/p1
zaseaoiter

Postby gasman on Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:52 am

I have exactly the same problem with exactly the same workaround. Really irritating.
gasman

Postby zboss on Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:49 am

Hi,
I was having the same problem since the latest update i.e. 22.x.

This is what worked for me:
I entered the even-more-advanced options via enering chrome://flags/ in the url bar.
Disabled all GPU-related functions.
Restarted Chrome.
Voila!

Since then it seems to be working fine, specially on the websites that used to hang Chrome.
Hope it works for you as well.
zboss

Postby gasman on Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:25 am

I could only find one GPU function to disable (GPU compositing). It did not work for me.
gasman

Postby daavidfischer on Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:13 pm

Yeah, this actually a problem that many people face. I had this problem some time ago. As you might have seen in you task manager, as you open several tabs in you chrome every single tab acts as a single chrome application. There you will lose a number of memory spaces. Once you run a number of application more than the RAM and virtual memory you have allocated can hold then you PC will freeze. The best thing you can do is to stop opening more tabs or you can increase you virtual memory space and maybe you should upgrade you Ram. You might also want to stop unnecessary programs from running which might use the RAM space. http://www.stretch-and-fresh.com
daavidfischer

Return to Google Chrome Problems