Chrome SafeSearch

Have A Problem with Google Chrome? Post it here and hopefully someone can help!

Chrome SafeSearch

Postby yabbadoo on Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:10 pm

Chrome SafeSearch personal settings do not remain fixed. When setting to "No Filtering", it returns to "Moderate" after shut down every time.

The web is cluttered with complaints about this problem. I have tried everything I know concerning Cookies, Signing in, Privacy data etc. but nothing is successful.

Google Homepage on Firefox is perfect. The SafeSearch setting of "No Filtering" remains set and does not return to "Moderate" on shut down.

Why should Firefox/Google SafeSearch work perfectly OK when Google/Google does not ?

Afterthought ?
The only thing I can think of is that Firefox retains ALL Google Cookies on shut down and Chrome does not. Perhaps a Cookie vital to SafeSearch data retention is being deleted on Chrome but not on Firefox.
Last edited by yabbadoo on Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
yabbadoo

Re: Chrome SafeSearch

Postby yabbadoo on Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:23 am

Google appear to be playing games with their Homepage search.

I have developed a grey bar with my name on it, which does absolutely nothing. The black bar has now had the "gear" removed which enabled us to check and adjust our settings. I have tried Google Canada, Google Australia, Google UK and Google Classic and the gear has gone.

OK Google, I appreciate you love to play havoc with your various bits and pieces. Well it passes the time away, but sends your customers bonkers. Read the web, it is full of complaints about Google`s party games which take no account of customers needs or even tell them of these sudden frivolities. And worst of all Google do nothing about any feedback.

Question ? How can we now adjust the settings of this search page ? Especially SafeSearch. As far as I can see SafeSearch is now in the hands of the Grand Masters with no facility for users to disable it.

What a wonderful world.
yabbadoo

Return to Google Chrome Problems