Chrome stops working for a while

Have A Problem with Google Chrome? Post it here and hopefully someone can help!

Chrome stops working for a while

Postby flippyflop on Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:30 pm

Been having some problems with Chrome lately, where it stops responding, and eventually I get a ''*site* has stopped working. End now or wait'' etc. Never had this problem before, and it's quite annoying. The problem usually occurs when I'm on YouTube or mobafire, sometimes other sites etc. I've had several virus scans, from Avira and Malwarebytes for instance, but neither have found any viruses.

Have anyone encountered a similar problem with Chrome and hopefully a solution?

(Uninstalled all addons and I haven't installed any tool bars), also tried to uninstall it and re install, didn't work either.
flippyflop

Re: Chrome stops working for a while

Postby tamerlanematt on Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:02 am

I'm having the same problem, but it keeps happening randomly. The page will partially load and then "freeze" and I'll get a message that says the website is unresponsive and have the option to "wait" or "kill" the page.
tamerlanematt

Postby flippyflop on Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:37 am

Yeah, you seem to have the same problem as I have, and it's as said, getting quite annoying. I love Chrome, it's easy to use and understand, and got basically everything I want from a browser. The only downside is this problem, which I'm still searching for a solution for.
flippyflop

Postby spacez on Tue May 22, 2012 3:30 am

same probs for me

sometimes i chose not to kill process but it ended up make my com very slow and couldn't do anything -- restart is what i could think to solve.
spacez

Postby Nalaxu on Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:42 am

I joined this site because I am experiencing this same problem and have not been able to find a fix for it. I have been using Chrome forever and this just started recently. I hate to quit Chrome, but it is affecting my work.
Nalaxu

Postby nguyenhoaitra on Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:05 pm

I don't know why my Chrome now is often Crash and must restart ! I only open 8 tabs. It seem to be a conflict with flash :cry:
nguyenhoaitra

Return to Google Chrome Problems