Display Problem

Have A Problem with Google Chrome? Post it here and hopefully someone can help!

Display Problem

Postby armando93 on Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:04 am

Hello,

I've been using Chrome for about a year now.
Lately it's been having problems with most websites.

It's as if the whole screen is shifted to the left. And in order to click on a link or button you actually have to hold the mouse to the right of the desired spot.

Maybe the attached image will explain better.
Notice how the scroll bar is shifted from it's original location.
And how my mouse (red cross) is over nothing, but the link to its left is selected.

What should I do?
Please help!

Thank you
Attachments
Untitled (800x450).jpg
Untitled (800x450).jpg (235.2 ) Viewed 3467 times
armando93

Re: Display Problem

Postby Liza on Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:26 am

Hi,
I have no help - I have the same problem :? . I've been using Chrome for years and had no problem. But for last 2 weeks I'm getting the same error as you. But not everywhere. For example here everything is ok and on FB (and many other) pages I have the problem. Can anybody help? Many thanks
Liza

Postby John M on Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:30 pm

I started having the same problem a few days ago and I've been using Chrome for years without any problems, until now. Like the other commenters, I have this problem only on some sites. In addition to having to point my mouse slightly to the right of links, all the text on affected pages is slightly scrunched. Very annoying! Does anyone have a solution?
John M

Postby John M on Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:57 pm

I just cleared all my browsing data, and so far (knock on wood) the problem seems to have been resolved!
John M

Postby Liza on Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:15 am

I've cleared all my history, cookies... restarted computer, but it did not helped in my case. :(
Liza

Postby designedlearnin on Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:38 am

I am getting the same problem. It doesn't happen on all sites but its a serious issue as it renders those sites that are affected pretty much unusable. The YouTube site suffers from the problem if anyone wants to investigate further.

I have noticed that text on the site is also affected. It's as though Chrome is trying to squeeze the page into a pixel width which is narrower than the allocated window. The problem goes away if the window is made full screen.

I am using Chrome 21 on Windows 7
Attachments
YouTube Page Affected.JPG
YouTube Page Affected.JPG (173.04 ) Viewed 2947 times
designedlearnin

Postby deanavfc on Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:00 am

I'm also having this same problem. If anyone has cured this please let me know. I'm a big fan of chrome and don't want to give up on it but this is TERRIBLE :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(
deanavfc

Return to Google Chrome Problems