Web Page not available - Error 2 (net::ERR_FAILED): Unknown

Have A Problem with Google Chrome? Post it here and hopefully someone can help!

Web Page not available - Error 2 (net::ERR_FAILED): Unknown

Postby jeth on Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:41 pm

I can't access any web pages at all from Chrome on my desktop. It works fine on my laptop.

I get the Web Page Not Available message and the details are: Error 2 (net::ERR_FAILED): Unknown error.

I checked my firewall, and chrome.exe has the same permissions in the CA firewall as it does on the laptop.

The first time I started Chrome and tried to access a page, my firewall popped up a window asking me to authorize Chrome for internet access. I responded Yes, and the appropriate entry was added to the firewall permissions table.

There are no problems accessing the same pages from Firefox or IE, or in accessing my email accounts.

I'm really pleased with Chrome on the laptop; the startup speed is great! I just wish I could get it running here on the desktop.
jeth

Re: Web Page not available - Error 2 (net::ERR_FAILED): Unknown

Postby rachm on Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:00 am

Hi - I have exactly the same problem with any email attachments, when I'm using Chrome I have the same "ERR-this webpage is unavailable" response. Very frustrating so I have to use IE for my email account - when nearly everything else seems OK with Chrome - WHY??? :?
rachm

Return to Google Chrome Problems