Using Windows Standard Buttons

Have A Problem with Google Chrome? Post it here and hopefully someone can help!

Using Windows Standard Buttons

Postby T.C. on Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:51 pm

I use Windows XP. Nevertheless, Chrome uses Vista-style buttons for minimize, maximize, and close in the top right corner of the window. From what I've read, this is meant to be a feature, not a bug. However, for those of us using Windows XP and not Vista (which is still most of us, I believe), it is annoying to have one window that doesn't conform to the same standard as all other windows. In particular, I tend to click the restore button when I intend to click minimize, just because the restore button in Chrome is approximately where the minimize button is on all other windows.

I've searched Google's help forum and I've seen many complaints about this problem, but no solutions. Someone suggested, however, that it might be solved by changing the skin, and that might somehow be done with a theme. I know nothing about this, but the people on this Chrome Fans forum seem to be very smart. What do you guys think?

-TC
T.C.

Re: Using Windows Standard Buttons

Postby Andrew on Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:26 pm

Yes, you should get a skin to change the button styles. Unfortunately, I am very busy in these days and no time to write a customize theme for you. :(
Andrew
Site Admin

Return to Google Chrome Problems