Chrome not letting me browse sites or use hotmail

Have A Problem with Google Chrome? Post it here and hopefully someone can help!

Chrome not letting me browse sites or use hotmail

Postby Beatles-Fan on Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:00 pm

I've been using Google Chrome for about a year or so now. The problem started a couple of weeks ago. I have a theme installed in chrome and before, I have had no problems what-so-ever with it. Well, I opened Chrome and it told me my preferences couldn't be loaded or something like that. My bookmarks were still there, but my theme, settings, and everything else had been reset back to default. I have run several virus scans and all have come back clean.

After that mishap, Chrome worked fine after I reset all my settings to what I had them as. No problems the rest of the day. Well, a couple of days afterwards I noticed Chrome was starting to act sluggish and wouldn't fully load pages and images wouldn't show on some sites. Tabs would open fine, but the page wouldn't always load or would freeze.
Chrome didn't crash, just got very laggy. Then, today the worst problem started. I went to my Hotmail account and tried to check my mail, but I couldn't get anything to work. I thought it was a site problem, so I just went to a different site, but experienced similar problems. I play on Howrse.com and I can't log on in Chrome. Another site I visit regularly is DeviantArt.com. I can log in just fine on my two accounts, but when I try to delete messages, I can't. It won't even let me log off. I can click, click and click, but nothing happens.

I've rebooted the computer, uninstalled and reinstalled Chrome and nothing is working. I've tried all the sites mentioned above in Firefox and I'm having no problems with them. Does anyone have any idea what's going on? My sister has Chrome on her desktop (it's running Windows XP Home Edition 32-bit) and she's having similar problems as well.

I am running Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. I have Chrome version 14.0.835.202 m
Beatles-Fan

Re: Chrome not letting me browse sites or use hotmail

Postby Andrew on Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:26 pm

I've rebooted the computer, uninstalled and reinstalled Chrome and nothing is working.

Try to delete all files on the folder C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome after uninstalled the Chrome, then reinstall it.
Andrew
Site Admin

Return to Google Chrome Problems