Impossible to edit in Wordpress while using Chrome

Have A Problem with Google Chrome? Post it here and hopefully someone can help!

Impossible to edit in Wordpress while using Chrome

Postby Derek40 on Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:24 pm

I can cannot edit content in the site at maximumdefinition.com while using Chrome, but have no problem with Firefox etc. I get redirected to an error message:

Not Acceptable
An appropriate representation of the requested resource /~maximu16/wp-admin/ could not be found on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I contacted the hosting company. WebHostingHub, and was told they have experienced the same problem themselves, and have complaints from other users.

Is there anything I can do to clear the problem, or do I have to abandon my favorite browser?

Thanks
Derek Southern
Derek40

Re: Impossible to edit in Wordpress while using Chrome

Postby Derek40 on Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:30 pm

After posting the message above I read a number of other posts and found one with a different problem which was solved with the advice "Try to delete all files on the folder C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome after uninstalled the Chrome, then reinstall it."
I'm glad to say it has worked for me and I'm back to a happy state with Chrome.
Thanks to the respondent who posted that answer before.
Cheers
Derek
Derek40

Re: Impossible to edit in Wordpress while using Chrome

Postby Andrew on Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:31 am

Derek40 wrote:After posting the message above I read a number of other posts and found one with a different problem which was solved with the advice "Try to delete all files on the folder C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome after uninstalled the Chrome, then reinstall it."
I'm glad to say it has worked for me and I'm back to a happy state with Chrome.
Thanks to the respondent who posted that answer before.
Cheers
Derek

:D Cool
Andrew
Site Admin

Return to Google Chrome Problems