how to delete specific suggestions in form select elements?

Have A Problem with Google Chrome? Post it here and hopefully someone can help!

how to delete specific suggestions in form select elements?

Postby carsten888 on Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:28 pm

When entering data in a form, example a login form, chrome remembers what has oreviously been filled in and shows that as suggestions. How can I delete some of those suggestions?

Example. On a login form I entered a wrong username, that username stays in the suggestions for ever, unless I clear all form data, but that is not what I want. Just that username. In fire fox you can click the arrows to go to the suggestion and press ctrl+shift+del to get rid of specific suggestions.

How to delete a specific suggestion in Chrome?
carsten888

Re: how to delete specific suggestions in form select elements?

Postby Andrew on Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:59 pm

There is no way to clear the specific suggestions but you can clear all browsing data by visiting chrome://settings/clearBrowserData.

If you want to delete specific username and password, click: chrome://settings/passwords
Andrew
Site Admin

Re: how to delete specific suggestions in form select elements?

Postby nguyenhoaitra on Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:24 pm

There is an easy way to turn it off.

1.Go to tools
2.Select Options (Preferences for Mac Users)
3.In the Under the Hood tabs, the first section you see is privacy settings. To turn the search suggestions off, uncheck the “Use a suggestion service” option.

Now none of the information you type is being sent back to your search provider until you press Enter. Other browsers separate the search box from the URL box, but the feature being combined doesn’t change the privacy of the browser unless this particular feature is turned off.
nguyenhoaitra

Return to Google Chrome Problems