Chrome internet connection cut after Standby

Have A Problem with Google Chrome? Post it here and hopefully someone can help!

Chrome internet connection cut after Standby

Postby yabbadoo on Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:50 am

I have investigated everything possible to find out why when using Chrome the Internet connection has shut down on return from Standby. It is not malware and I cannot find any settings or configuration needing attention.
I am using Windows XP Home. It works perfectly and is completely clean of infections. I always open all my browsers with Sandboxie.

Firefox works perfect, no problems with the Internet connection on return from Standby whatsoever, the system comes up immediately. I have never had a disconnection using Firefox. Using Chrome the Internet is disconnected and I have to wait quite a while and keep reloading the page before it is all OK again.

So the problem is entirely with Chrome and some conflict with Windows Standby. The panel says "This website is not available" and I have to keep reloading until it is OK.

Any ideas ?
yabbadoo

Re: Chrome internet connection cut after Standby

Postby yabbadoo on Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:29 pm

PROBLEM SOLVED
================

Thank you all so much for your advice and help. I will be forever grateful.

After a great deal of investigation of my system, in particular Windows XP power, network and just about every other settings, plus a thorough check of Sandboxie and Chrome settings and configurations, I can find nothing wrong.

Firefox and IE remain on Standby/Hibernate for minutes or hours and on return to the Internet, the response is immediate. No web cut-off or anything - just perfect.

CONCLUSION

The fault is with Google Chrome and the answer until Google repair this browser is to make Firefox or IE your default browser. There will then be no trouble or long delays on returning from Standby/Hibernate and work resumes immediately.

Again I thank you all for the many responses , advice and help. I do not know what i would have done without this valuable assistance from the Google Forum.

My sincere best wishes to you all
yabbadoo

Return to Google Chrome Problems