yahoo

Hot trends from Google Plus Search

yahoo

Postby BlueWater on Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:58 pm

Yahoo! Inc. (NASDAQ: YHOO) is an American multinational internet corporation headquartered in Sunnyvale, California, United States. The company is perhaps best known for its web portal, search engine (Yahoo! Search), Yahoo! Directory, Yahoo! Mail, Yahoo! News, Yahoo! Groups, Yahoo! Answers, advertising, online mapping (Yahoo! Maps), video sharing (Yahoo! Video), and social media websites and services. It is one of the largest websites in the United States.

Yahoo! inclusive was founded by Jerry Yang and David Filo in January 1994 and was incorporated on March 1, 1995. On January 13, 2009.

Growth

In January 1994, Jerry Yang and David Filo were electrical engineering graduate students at Stanford University when they created a website named "David and Jerry's Guide to the World Wide Web".In April 1994, "David and Jerry's Guide to the World Wide Web" was renamed "Yahoo!".The yahoo.com domain was created on January 18, 1995. Yahoo! grew rapidly throughout the 1990s. Like many search engines and web directories, Yahoo! diversified into a web portal. It also made many high-profile acquisitions. Its stock price skyrocketed during the dot-com bubble, Yahoo! stocks closing at an all-time high of $118.75 a share on 3 January 2000. However, after the dot-com bubble burst, it settled at a post-bubble low of $4.05 on 26 September 2001.

In 2000, Yahoo! began using Google for search results. Over the next four years, it developed its own search technologies, which it began using in 2004. Yahoo! also revamped its mail service to compete with Google's Gmail in 2007. The company struggled through 2008, with several large layoffs.Three years later, Yahoo! had a stock market capitalization of USD $22.24 billion.Carol Bartz replaced cofounder Jerry Yang in January 2009. In September 2011 she was removed from her position at Yahoo! by the company's chairman Roy Bostock (via phone call), and CFO Tim Morse was named as Interim CEO of the company.
BlueWater

Re: yahoo

Postby BlueWater on Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:00 pm

Products and services

First page of Yahoo website
Main article: List of Yahoo!-owned sites and services
Yahoo! operates the web portal which provides content including the latest news, entertainment, and sports information. The portal also gives users access to other Yahoo! services like Yahoo! Mail, Yahoo! Maps, Yahoo! Finance, Yahoo! Groups and Yahoo! Messenger.

Content

Yahoo! partners with numerous content providers in products such as Yahoo! Sports, Yahoo! Finance, Yahoo! Music, Yahoo! Movies, Yahoo! News, Yahoo! Answers and Yahoo! Games to provide media content and news. Yahoo! also provides a personalization service, My Yahoo!, which enables users to combine their favorite Yahoo! features, content feeds and information onto a single page.

On March 31, 2008, Yahoo! launched Shine, a site tailored for women seeking online information and advice between the ages of 25 and 54.
BlueWater

Postby haddinsteve on Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:42 pm

Yahoo is my most favorite Web Site. It is older and most popular web site in the world. It provide the so many services which i like and i also proud of it. It is wide use by people. According to me Yahoo is one of the best site on web.
haddinsteve

Postby aaronsharapova on Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:32 am

Yahoo is most popular website in the world. It is wide use by people. It provide the so many services like Yahoo mail, Yahoo messenger, Yahoo answer, Yahoo bookmarks and many more. My favorite services is Yahoo mail and Yahoo messenger. most of time i use yahoo messenger services.
aaronsharapova

Return to Google Plus Search